The line. draft 2

 The line. draft 2

The line was drawn long ago and I am debating if I should cross it

I normally don’t mind to stand here alone in my own little world of weirdness

But now it feels different somehow, someway

I see all the people conforming and I feel utter sorrow

I can’t tell them apart, they all look the same

With a very slight change in smiles,


If you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all

Isn’t that what they all used to say?

But they no longer practice it so the world's gone to shit

I’m here to tell you, it’s ok to not be ok

Like now, I still feel the hurt and anger from years ago


My smile is fake but nobody sees it

The world has gone fake and everyone feeds it

I stand here alone, a woman full grown

But my insides will say “I don’t feel it”

I’ll tell you again, it’s ok to not be ok


Why does society treat us this way just because we’re unique

The strangeness that lies inside me wants to be set free

But the world as we know it is fucked,

I stand here on the other side, alone

Of the line that was drawn long, long ago

Written by: Katie Clarke 2021


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dream 2nd draft

The Dream. 1st draft

Silas Remembers