I tried

 The room smells like roses as I lower my aching body into the deep silky water. As I begin to relax I hear the boards creak on the stairs and my heart pounds in my chest. Now it's a race to the bathroom door, who will get there first. Standing with one leg in and one leg out water pools beneath me from my outstretched arm. My fingers skim the door swinging it shut, haha I won I think to myself. Without warning, I hear a crash as the door flies back and I almost fall out of the tub. I'm rooted to the spot as water hits the walls, floor and ceiling with a big splash. This bath is no longer mine. “For goodness sake,” I say to my husband as he enters the bathroom and laughs at the dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the dream 2nd draft

The Dream. 1st draft

Silas Remembers