the dream 2nd draft

 “Stop moaning will you,” Holly said as I stared at myself in the mirror. “A pink flamingo,” I shot back at her. Her face was crinkled as she tried to hide her laugh. “It says on the invite all non-celebs are to dress as an animal,” she said passing me the white envelope with gold writing. “Why do you get the cat, though?” I asked with a sigh strapping the flamingo head to the top of my own. "I look completely ridiculous, Holly," I said with a bright red face. "come on chick, you look fucking great and keep flushing like that. You will surely be remembered as the flamingo with the bright red face." she said and I laughed again. "you don't have to come," Holly said looking serious. "Fuck it, let's go," I replied pulling her out the door. As we get to the party I can hardly keep the excitement off my face as I watch Ed Sheeran saunter over the dance floor in the bottom half of a panda suit, and crazy sunglasses on his face. “Now I understand the no-phone, no-camera rule,” I said to Holly before she slips off from my side and I stand rooted to the spot as people begin to surround me. As I look around some more I see more celebs dressed as their counterparts, Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister and Daenerys Targaryen, James Bond, Dr Who. But they all look too posh for my common ass to talk to. In the corner behind the buffet table, there are some people dressed as The Queen's guard with big furry hats. I giggle to myself. Now, I know there is a joke in there somewhere.


I walk over and stand close to Peter Dinklage and listen closely to the joke that I had heard him say before. “A Stark, a Martell and a Lannister. They order ale, but then the barkeep brings them over, each of them finds a fly in his cup. The Lannister, outraged, shoves the cup aside and demands another. The Martell plucks the fly out and swallows it whole. The Stark reaches into his cup, pulls out the fly and shouts: ‘Spit it out, you wee shit! Spit it out!'” Everyone around me starts to laugh and I begin to relax. An older couple moves from behind me and I notice a bright pink suit. My mind automatically thinks of Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter but when she turns I see she is the Queen. Well, the actress that plays her on ‘The Crown.’ In my head, I have a little fangirl moment like I’m at the end of a dance and you have to do jazz hands. She is talking to a young woman I know but can't place.


As I turned I saw Holly talking to Tom Ellis, who was dressed in rags, like his counterpart from Passion, I made my way over and stood next to her as she listened intently to what he was saying. As he spoke, I could clearly feel a shiver running up my spine. “You ok?” Holly asks. I giggle, "It must just be his Michael's voice," I think Tom heard me and he straightened up. A large smile crept across his face and I gazed in fascination as his whole demeanour changed to one of Lucifer Morningstar. The twinkle in his eye pulled my attention to his face as he said the iconic line, “Tell me, what is it you desire?” The whole circle burst into a fit of laughter and a round of applause, Tom winked at me. “Oh, my god, thank you,” I said, feeling quite delighted. “Oh, there is no reason to bring my father into this,” he said and then shook my hand. 


I grab Holly and pull her to one side and attempt to ask, “how do you know Tom Ellis?” but it came out like, “how da…yooouuu.” I stop mid-sentence after I see my absolute favourite Sherlock Holmes. Then the Queen move over to one of the people dressed as a guard and begins to do the floss. I laughed so hard I almost made myself and Holly fall over. Suddenly, a guy in a 6ft pink cock suit stood in front of me and immediately started laughing. When he turned, my mouth dropped. “So, it wasn't a dab it was the floss.” the guy said. He looks over at me through the large hole at the front. “You ok there?” I must have looked like a gormless plank stood there with my mouth open but I couldn't say a word. “She's a big fan, Russell,” Holly says. In my head, I'm truly fan-girling doing a little dance. I shake my head back to reality. “You know what would top it off?” I ask and both Russell and Holly look over at me. “If she did the… hashtag muffling…” I answer and they both laugh hard. “You know what young lady,” says Russell. “What?” I ask. “I'm so glad you didn’t die on your dad's belly.” I howl, closing my eyes to stop the tears of laughter from falling. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dream. 1st draft

Silas Remembers